3 oz unsalted butter
5 oz light brown sugar
4 oz honey
2 oz peanut butter, smooth
1 tbsp vanilla extract
21/4 cups gluten free oats, old-fashioned
11/2 cups gluten free Rice Krispies(R) cereal
1 cup unsalted almonds
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon salt, kosher
- Add the first five ingredients to a small 2 quarts stockpot.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl and reserve.
- In the stockpot with a candy thermometer, stir all ingredients together with a rubber spatula on medium-high heat. Simmer and cook until the mixture reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour mixture slowly over the top of reserved dry mix, stir with rubber spatula until all dry ingredients are coated.
- In a 13x9-inch baking pan, place parchment paper down and spray lightly with Pam before pressing the bar mixture down into the pan by hand. Then place the filled pan in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove after refrigerating and cut the bars length-wise in half.
- Then cut bars just over 2-inches wide for a total of 12 bars.