1. What are the top health apps you use or recommend?
Any fitness app that works for you. The most important thing is to find one that is easy to use and makes sense for the individual.
2. Why did you choose your particular specialty?
I chose my specialty as it allows me to help patients achieve a healthier lifestyle which has effects that reach far beyond surgery and improves multiple other medical conditions. Hopefully, leading to a healthier and happier life.
3. Which clinical interests inspire you most?
I am passionate about all types of advanced minimally-invasive gastrointestinal surgery. Performing complex gastrointestinal procedures in the least invasive fashion by using cutting edge technology allows for improved outcomes, less pain and an overall better patient experience.
4. What is the one thing you want patients to know about you?
I am honest and upfront. I do not sugar coat anything, and I am fully committed to partnering with my patients to help achieve the health and quality of life they desire.
5. What is your favorite form of exercise?
Running, it’s a great outlet for me.
6. Where is your favorite vacation spot? Why?
Any beach, as long as it’s sunny and there are palm trees.
7. Are you a sports fan? Who’s your team?
I am a big football fan. I like the Dallas Cowboys which does not make me very popular in DC, although there is good rivalry.
8. What is your favorite meal?
Tough question, I guess it would have to be pizza.
9. What is the best advice you have ever received?
My father always told me to strive to be the best at what you do and make sure you truly enjoy it.
10. What is your number one reason for working at GW MFA?
My colleagues are the hardest working and most committed health care providers I know. I feel it is a privilege to work in an environment committed to providing the best for each individual patient.