- Associate Professor of Medicine and Radiology | Co-Director, Cardiac CT and MRI
- Multimodality Cardiovascular Imaging
- General Consultative Cardiology
- George Washington University School of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University and Washington Hospital Center
- Cardiovascular Medicine & Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute - National Institutes of Health & Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Level III Training Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Computed Tomography (With Level III Training)
Andrew D. Choi, MD, FACC, FSCCT, is the Co-Director of Cardiac CT and MRI and Associate Professor of Medicine and Radiology at GW where he leads multimodality imaging directed clinical care, research and education. This includes advising physicians and patients in a wide spectrum of cardiovascular prevention and treatment in atherosclerosis, structural heart disease and cardiomyopathies utilizing Cardiac CT, Cardiac MRI and interventional/3D echocardiography, as well as general echocardiography and nuclear imaging. For patients at The GW Medical Faculty Associates and GW Hospital, Dr. Choi uniquely melds both clinical and imaging acumen for his patients while serving as an active educator of student and postgraduate (eg, resident and fellowship) physicians.
Dr. Choi is a GW School of Medicine alumnus, graduating as the Allie S. Freed Awardee in Preventive Medicine, as well as GW undergraduate degrees in Music (Honors) and Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude). He trained in Internal Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (NY), Cardiology at Georgetown University and in Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging for 2 years as the Inaugural Fellow in a joint program at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute-National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Choi is a national thought leader in cardiovascular imaging. He is author of over 100 abstracts and publications in the world’s leading medical journals, co-chair of several recent international guidance statements in imaging including amidst the recent COVID-19 crisis and is an editor at JACC: CV Imaging and Journal of Cardiovascular CT. He was elected to the Board of Directors of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography with members in more than 85 countries and appointed to direct education for the American College of Cardiology in the mid-Atlantic region. Dr. Choi has a passion for cardiac CT methods that improve clinical strategies and enhance early heart disease detection. This encompasses research in novel artificial intelligence approaches to improve the care of those at risk or with heart disease.