- Assistant Professor of Medicine and Radiology | Co-Director, Cardiac CT and MRI
- Multimodality Cardiovascular Imaging
- General Consultative Cardiology
- George Washington University School of Medicine
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Internal Medicine
- Georgetown University and Washington Hospital Center
- Cardiovascular Medicine & Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
- National Heart Lung and Blood Institute - National Institutes of Health & Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Level III Training Cardiac MRI
- Cardiac Computed Tomography (With Level III Training)
Andrew D. Choi, MD, FACC, FSCCT, is the Co-Director of Cardiac CT and MRI and Assistant Professor of Medicine and Radiology. As an expert in multimodality imaging, his leadership at GW includes advising physicians and patients in a wide spectrum of cardiovascular disorders including coronary artery disease, structural heart disease and cardiomyopathies utilizing Cardiac CT, Cardiac MRI and interventional/3D echocardiography. He is also a core attending in nuclear cardiology and echocardiography. For patients at The GW Medical Faculty Associates and GW Hospital, Dr. Choi uniquely melds both clinical and imaging acumen for his patients while serving as an active educator of student and postgraduate (eg, resident and fellowship) physicians.
Dr. Choi is a GW School of Medicine alumnus, graduating as the Allie S. Freed Awardee in Preventive Medicine, as well as GW undergraduate degrees in Music (Honors) and Computer Science (Magna Cum Laude). He trained in Internal Medicine at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (NY), Cardiology at Georgetown University and in Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging for 2 years as the Inaugural Fellow in a joint program at the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute-National Institutes of Health (NIH) and Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Choi maintains a voluntary appointment with the NIH.
As an Academic Cardiologist and researcher (including CMR and Echo), Dr. Choi is widely published in leading cardiovascular journals, including JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging and Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography and his impactful scholarly work has received several national and international accolades from the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), American College of Cardiology and Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance/EuroCMR. Dr. Choi has a particular passion for examining Cardiac CT methods that improve clinical strategies, enhance early heart disease detection and reduce radiation exposure to improve patient outcomes.