- Assistant Professor of Surgery
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Colon cancer
- Rectal cancer and Rectal polyps
- Locally advanced colorectal cancer
- Colorectal cancer with liver metastasis
- Minimally invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Stanley Medical College
- University of Virginia Medical Center - Surgery
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center - Colon & Rectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Colon and Rectal Surgery
Dr. Bindu A. Umapathi, MD, MRCS, FACS is double boarded in General Surgery and Colon and Rectal Surgery. She specializes in Colorectal Cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Anorectal and Pelvic Floor disorders, Hemorrhoids, Anal fistula, Anal fissure, Anal abscess, Rectal Prolapse, Fecal incontinence and constipation.
Dr. Umapathi practices cutting edge Robotic and Laparoscopic Surgery. She pioneers Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) which leaves patients with a small incision that is hidden in the belly button area.
Dr. Umapathi earned her medical degree at the Stanley Medical College and completed residency in General Surgery at the University of Virginia. She completed a subspecialty fellowship in Colon and Rectal Surgery at the Penn State University, Hershey Medical Center. She also received additional specialty training as a Surgical Registrar at the Mersey Deanery, University of Liverpool in the United Kingdom. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, American College of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.