- Professor of Surgery| Program Director, General Surgery Residency
- Laparoscopic Foregut and Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Paraesophageal and Hiatal Hernias
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Gastric and Bariatric Surgery
- Adrenal and Splenic Disease
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- George Washington University Medical Center
- Northwestern University - Feinberg School of Medicine
- General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Khashayar Vaziri, MD is board-certified in General Surgery and specializes in advanced laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery. He also serves as the director of surgical program as well as a professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. His areas of interest include laparoscopic surgery for gastroesophageal reflux, achalasia, hiatal hernias, bariatric surgery and laparoscopic surgery for the stomach, colon, pancreas, spleen and adrenal glands.
Dr. Vaziri received his medical education at the Rutgers Medical School, followed by a General Surgery Residency at The George Washington University Medical Center. He went on to complete a fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine.
Dr. Vaziri's research interests include clinical outcomes of laparoscopic procedures, and innovation and application of new surgical techniques, technologies and instruments.