- Professor of Surgery| Program Director, General Surgery Residency
- Laparoscopic Foregut and Anti-Reflux Surgery
- Paraesophageal and Hiatal Hernias
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Gastric and Bariatric Surgery
- Adrenal and Splenic Disease
- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- George Washington University Medical Center
- Northwestern University - Feinberg School of Medicine
- General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Khashayar Vaziri, MD is board-certified in General Surgery and specializes in advanced laparoscopic and gastrointestinal surgery. He also serves as the Associate Program Director for the Residency in General Surgery as well as an associate professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. Dr. Vaziri was also the former Director of Surgical Clerkship. His areas of interest include laparoscopic surgery for gastroesophageal reflux, achalasia, hiatal hernias, and laparoscopic surgery for the stomach, colon, pancreas, spleen and adrenal glands.
Dr. Vaziri received his medical education at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, followed by a General Surgery Residency at The George Washington University Medical Center. He went on to complete a fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine where he co-authored multiple articles and book chapters in addition to learning minimally invasive surgical techniques.
As an active member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, and a member of the American College of Surgeons his current research interests include clinical outcomes of laparoscopic procedures, and innovation and application of new technologies and instruments.