- Assistant Professor of Surgery | Associate Clerkship Director
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Mesenteric revascularization
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Carotid artery disease
- Complex venous recanalization
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Parkland Health and Hospital System - General Surgery
- University of Florida - Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- General Surgery
Salim Lala, MD, FACS is double board certified in Vascular and General Surgery. He is also an assistant professor at The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences. Dr. Lala completed his general surgery residency at UT Southwestern, and then moved to Florida to complete a two year fellowship in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at the University of Florida. Dr. Lala trained extensively in the surgical management of complex open and endovascular repair of thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms, including open and hybrid thoracoabdominal aortic repairs and fenestrated branch grafts. He is also well trained in open mesenteric revascularization, carotid artery stenting and carotid endarterectomy, complex IVC recanalization, arteriovenous access and peripheral arterial disease.
Dr. Lala also has keen research interests including thoracic aortic aneurysms and peripheral arterial disease; and is especially focused on medical student and resident education. He was administrative chief resident and fellow at both his training programs, and is credited for running a Peer Led teaching program at his medical school in Ireland. His clinical interests in vascular surgery, love for teaching and education and continued improvement in patient care is what drives his passion for academic surgery.
Dr. Lala's PodcastsTopic: The Dangerous Abnormal Bulge of the Aorta.
Topic: Diseases of Arteries: It's Not Just About Your Heart