- Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine (Ankara, Turkey)
- University of Illinois at Chicago - Pediatric Ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center Department of General Surgery
- Goztepe Education and Research Hospital (Istanbul, Turkey)
- BronxCare Health System Department of Ophthalmology
Dr. Salar-Gomceli is a board-certified and fellowship trained ophthalmologist with perse experiences in cataract surgery and strabismus. Dr. Salar- Gomceli received her medical training at Faculty of Medicine of Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey. She then completed her ophthalmology residency training at Goztepe Education and Research Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey.
Dr. Salar-Gomceli completed her fellowship training in Pediatric ophthalmology and Adult Strabismus under the supervision of Drs. Marilyn Miller and Nathalie Azar at Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary of University of Illinois at Chicago. She completed her general surgical internship year and received her second ophthalmology residency training at BronxCare Health System, affiliated with the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York. She served as a chief resident in her senior year and presented at major national and international ophthalmology meetings.
Dr. Salar-Gomceli is a member of the American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology Strabismus (AAPOS) and American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO). She is fluent in English and native speaker of Turkish. She loves the outdoors, water sports, and is an experienced scuba per.