- Chief, Hematopathology Services | Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical Pathology
- Government Medical College, Surat, South Gujarat Univ., India
- PhD - Toxicology, St. John's Univ., Jamaica, NY
- Temple Univ. Hospital - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
- Hospital of Univ. of Penn - Surgical Pathology
- Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, NIH - Hematopathology
Tapan M. Bhavsar, MD, PhD is an assistant professor and chief of hematopathology service of the Department of Pathology at George Washington University (GW). His expertise is in areas of hematopathology and surgical pathology. Before joining GW, Dr. Bhavsar was an assistant professor/clinician-educator in hematopathology and director of flow cytometry at the Wayne State University School of Medicine/Detroit Medical Center.
Dr. Bhavsar’s clinical practice provides specialized hematopathology diagnostic services with integration of ancillary studies including flow cytometry, cytogenetics/FISH and molecular testing.
Dr. Bhavsar’s work in hematopathology is centered on evaluation of genomic and immunohistochemical changes of discordant extramedullary plasmablastic transformation of multiple myeloma, exploring common mechanisms and risk factors in immunosuppression-related lymphoproliferative disorders, study of aggressive and indolent B-cell lymphomas, focusing on pediatric marginal zone lymphoma and marginal zone hyperplasia, and evaluating novel distinctive features of KSHV/EBV-associated germinotropic lymphoproliferative disorder.