- Associate Professor of Surgery | Chief, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery | Chair, Robotics Committee GW Hospital
- Rectal Prolapse
- Natural Orifice Surgery
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Colon & Rectal
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Polyp Disease
- Familial Polyposis Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Anal Fistula & Fissure
- Colon Cancer
- Medical College of Virginia
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation-Colon and Rectal Fellowship
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center-Advanced Laparoscopy Colon and Rectal Fellowship
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Vincent J. Obias, MD, FACS, FASCRS is board-certified in general surgery and colon & rectal surgery. He specializes in laparoscopic and robotic colon & rectal surgery for neoplastic and benign disease, trans anal endoscopic microsurgery, inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, as well as constipation and functional anorectal disorders.
Dr. Obias has written articles on a variety of subjects including rectal cancer, post-operative recovery, trauma-critical care, and transplant surgery. He has presented papers at the Minimally Invasive Robotics Association national conference (MIRA), the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons national conference, the Surgical Infection Society joint meeting in Europe, the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Obias completed a subspecialty residency in Colon & Rectal Surgery at The Cleveland Clinic and a fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Surgery at University Hospitals Case Medical Center. He performed his internship and General Surgery residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School. He completed a master in Physiology and earned his medical degree at the Medical College of Virginia. Dr. Obias earned his Bachelor’s in Biology at James Madison University.
Dr. Obias is a US News & World Report ‘Top Doctor’ and was determined to be in the top 10% in his region in colon & rectal surgery! He is also a Washingtontian Top Doc list and Castle Connolly Top Doc.