- Associate Professor of Surgery | Chief, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery | Chair, Robotics Committee GW Hospital
- Rectal cancer
- Colon cancer
- Minimally invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Transanal Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Rectal polyps
- Polyp Disease
- Familial Polyposis Syndrome
- Anal Fistula and Fissure
- Rectal Prolpase.
- Natural Orifice Surgery
- Medical College of Virginia
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation-Colon and Rectal Fellowship
- University Hospitals Case Medical Center-Advanced Laparoscopy Colon and Rectal Fellowship
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
Vincent J. Obias, MD, FACS, FASCRS is board-certified in general surgery and colon & rectal surgery. He specializes in laparoscopic and robotic colon & rectal surgery for neoplastic and benign disease, trans anal endoscopic microsurgery, inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, as well as constipation and functional anorectal disorders.
Dr. Obias has written articles on a variety of subjects including rectal cancer, post-operative recovery, trauma-critical care, and transplant surgery. He has presented papers at the Minimally Invasive Robotics Association national conference (MIRA), the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons national conference, the Surgical Infection Society joint meeting in Europe, the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Obias’ accomplishments include that he was the first surgeon in the Washington, DC area to apply the Intuitive robot to colon and rectal pathology in 2009, he is one of the first surgeons in the World to use the Medorobotics Flex robot for rectal masses in 2017 making him one of the most experienced Robotic Colorectal surgeons in the area. Dr. Obias is also an acknowledged expert and leader in robotics and has presented on this topic in dozens of national and international conferences.
Dr. Obias is a US News & World Report ‘Top Doctor’ and was determined to be in the top 10% in his region in colon & rectal surgery! He is also repeatedly nominated as a Washingtontian Top Doctor and is listed as a Castle Connolly Top Doc.