- Medical Director of Transfusion Medicine and Coagulation | Assistant Professor of Pathology
- Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine
- San Juan Bautista School of Medicine
- B.S. - University of California, Invine - Chemistry and Biological Sciences
- University of Hawaii Residency Program - Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
Xiomara Fernandez, MD is the Medical Director of Transfusion Medicine and Coagulation and an Assistant Professor of Pathology at the GW School of Medicine & Health Sciences. Dr. Fernandez’s clinical practice is in transfusion medicine with particular expertise in transfusion support in the settings of trauma, hematology/oncology, solid organ and stem cell transplantation. Her particular focus is to support and optimize blood usage during massive resuscitation.
Dr. Fernandez’s research interests include blood utilization in trauma, management of coagulation disorders following trauma, and patient blood management.