We are Open with Your Safety in Mind
SEEKING MEDICAL CARE AND UNDERSTANDING OUR PROTOCOLS DURING COVID-19
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and we remain ready to meet the health care needs of our patients. We welcomed patients back to our clinics on Friday, May 29, 2020, offering regular routine visits and select elective surgeries and procedures. With your safety and comfort level in mind, we have taken the following protocols in place at our locations:
- Managed appointment schedule to avoid crowded lobbies and waiting rooms
- Pre-screening and on-site testing for COVID-19
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms, lobbies and elevators
- Mandatory mask policies for staff, patients, visitors, and providers
Our doctors are ready to see you in the clinics, however,
Virtual Health Visits are still available.
Schedule a regular visit by calling your doctor’s office or you can schedule a Virtual Health appointment today: call 202-677-MED3 (6333). COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
The safety of our patients, care team, and wider community is our top priority. We monitor data about how COVID-19 is spreading in our area and adjust our visitor guidelines accordingly. Restrictions are put in place to ensure safe care, and we appreciate your understanding.
Current Visitor Guidelines:
The 7-day average “Daily Case Rate” per 100,000 in DC is less than 15, therefore, we have adjusted our visitor guidelines (effective April 27, 2021) to now allow one (1) adult visitor per patient.
- The visitor must not be suspected or confirmed to be COVID-19 positive.
- We strongly discourage patients from having minors accompany them to appointments.
- Due to social distancing, additional visitors of any patient cannot wait in lobbies or indoor common areas of our buildings.
We encourage our patients to stay connected to those who would normally accompany them to an appointment, via phone or video call. Some appointments may also be eligible for a Virtual Visit, and you can call (202) 677-MED3 (6333) to learn more.
Thank you for your understanding and shared commitment in keeping our community safe.
Keeping it Clean and Safe
- Mandatory Masks for staff, patients and visitors
- Hand Sanitizers: We clean our hands before and after we see you. You should clean yours when you enter and exit our building
- Common Areas: Extensive cleaning of waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms, including most-touched surfaces
- Exam Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient
- Floor Markings and Furniture Rearrangement: We promote social distancing in our lobby, elevators, waiting rooms and check-in areas
- Mobile Check-In: Please be sure to use Phreesia, our mobile check-in app, to minimize your waiting time
Screening and Testing
- All patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 before their visit
- Temperature checks will be done upon entry to our building
- Those with symptoms will be evaluated in a safe, dedicated area
- COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
For the latest information and updates regarding COVID-19, please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has been at the forefront of managing this pandemic:
- The GW MFA was the first to establish on-site testing in Washington, D.C.
- The GW MFA mobilized to provide virtual visits to our patients for most conditions
- The GW MFA is actively involved in rapid testing development
The GW MFA also provides business consultation as businesses plan to reopen. Please visit our COVID-19 Reopening Support Services page for more information.