Reopening with Your Safety in Mind
Seeking Medical Care and reopening plans During COVID-19
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has been at the forefront of managing this pandemic:
- First to curtail routine appointments and elective surgeries in Washington, DC
- First to establish on-site testing in Washington, DC
- First to open and staff two drive-thru testing locations in Washington, DC
- Quickly mobilized to provide virtual visits to our patients for most conditions
- Actively involved in rapid testing development
We are offering reopening support for businesses. Please visit our COVID-19 Reopening Support Services page for more information.
While we have remained open during this pandemic, we appreciate your patience as we worked to limit COVID-19 transmission through reduced schedules. We are now ready to welcome you back to our clinics, and as of Friday, May 29, 2020, we now offer select elective surgeries and procedures. We will phase in our approach to reopening with your safety and comfort level in mind and have taken the following precautions at our locations:
- Reduced appointments to avoid crowded lobbies and waiting rooms
- Pre-screening and on-site testing for COVID-19
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms, lobbies and elevators
- Mandatory mask policies for staff, patients, visitors, and providers
Virtual Health Visits are still available and recommended during this time. In-person visits will be determined if necessary by your doctor. Schedule a Virtual Health appointment today: call 202-677-MED3 (6333). COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
We are asking that patients limit the number of people accompanying them to an appointment to no more than one person. Additionally, we are respectfully asking that children not accompany any adult patients, unless there is a medical necessity. Thank you for understanding our need to do so and for helping us keep you and our greater community healthy.
Keeping it Clean and Safe
- Mandatory Masks for staff, patients and visitors
- Hand Sanitizers: We clean our hands before and after we see you. You should clean yours when you enter and exit our building
- Common Areas: Extensive cleaning of waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms, including most-touched surfaces
- Exam Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient
- Floor Markings and Furniture Rearrangement: We promote social distancing in our lobby, elevators, waiting rooms and check-in areas
- Mobile Check-In: Please be sure to use Phreesia, our mobile check-in app, to minimize your waiting time
Screening and Testing
- All patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 before their visit
- Temperature checks will be done upon entry to our building
- Those with symptoms will be evaluated in a safe, dedicated area
- COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
For the latest information and updates regarding COVID-19, please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.