We are Open with Your Safety in Mind
SEEKING MEDICAL CARE AND UNDERSTANDING OUR PROTOCOLS DURING COVID-19
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has remained open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and we remain ready to meet the health care needs of our patients. We welcomed patients back to our clinics on Friday, May 29, 2020, offering regular routine visits and select elective surgeries and procedures. With your safety and comfort level in mind, we have taken the following protocols in place at our locations:
- Managed appointment schedule to avoid crowded lobbies and waiting rooms
- Pre-screening and on-site testing for COVID-19
- Social distancing measures in waiting rooms, lobbies and elevators
- Mandatory mask policies for staff, patients, visitors, and providers
Our doctors are ready to see you in the clinics, however,
Virtual Health Visits are still available.
Schedule a regular visit by calling your doctor’s office or you can schedule a Virtual Health appointment today: call 202-677-MED3 (6333). COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
We are asking that patients limit the number of people accompanying them to an appointment to no more than one person. Additionally, we are respectfully asking that children not accompany any adult patients, unless there is a medical necessity. Thank you for understanding our need to do so and for helping us keep you and our greater community healthy.
Keeping it Clean and Safe
- Mandatory Masks for staff, patients and visitors
- Hand Sanitizers: We clean our hands before and after we see you. You should clean yours when you enter and exit our building
- Common Areas: Extensive cleaning of waiting rooms, lobbies and restrooms, including most-touched surfaces
- Exam Rooms: These are fully cleaned and disinfected between each patient
- Floor Markings and Furniture Rearrangement: We promote social distancing in our lobby, elevators, waiting rooms and check-in areas
- Mobile Check-In: Please be sure to use Phreesia, our mobile check-in app, to minimize your waiting time
Screening and Testing
- All patients will be pre-screened for COVID-19 before their visit
- Temperature checks will be done upon entry to our building
- Those with symptoms will be evaluated in a safe, dedicated area
- COVID-19 Testing & Antibody Testing is available 7 days a week at our GW Immediate & Primary Care practices, visit gwdocsipc.com for more information.
For the latest information and updates regarding COVID-19, please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates has been at the forefront of managing this pandemic:
- The GW MFA was the first to establish on-site testing in Washington, D.C.
- The GW MFA mobilized to provide virtual visits to our patients for most conditions
- The GW MFA is actively involved in rapid testing development
The GW MFA also provides business consultation as businesses plan to reopen. Please visit our COVID-19 Reopening Support Services page for more information.