How is Epilepsy Diagnosed?
epilepsy diagnoses information at the gw medical faculty associates
How Is The Diagnosis Made?
- detailed medical history will be taken
- A thorough physical examination including neurological examination will be done
Several tests will be done based on the above information and include:
- EEG (Electroencephalogram): the “brain wave” test: a recording is made of the brain wave patterns which can give valuable information about the type of seizure and where seizures originate
- MRI: imaging of the brain to find out if there are any abnormalities in the brain causing seizures
- Blood tests: to check for any underlying medical condition that maybe contributory
- Other tests: depends on each patient and the type of seizure
What To Do If You Are Diagnosed With Seizures?
- Your doctor will refer you to a Neurologist or an Epileptologist
- Learn more about your condition
- Partner with your doctor to find the best options of treatment for you
- Consider joining a support group
Multidisciplinary Care Team
Our Epilepsy team offers expert, academic-based, personalized, coordinated care with advanced diagnosis and treatment options for Epilepsy and Seizures.
- EEG Technicians
- Social workers
- and many others…