What is High-Risk & Who Qualifies?
Maternal Fetal Medicine in Washington DC & Bethesda
If your pregnancy should fall into one of the high-risk categories, your care provider may refer you to the Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists for help managing your pregnancy.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Center for Maternal Fetal Medicine and Genetics providers are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy complications, and they'll be by your side to help you manage your pregnancy complications.
In particularly complicated pregnancies, or when very close pregnancy supervision is required, a Maternal Fetal Medicine specialist can provide complete obstetrical care.
We offer all of the specialized services needed to care for pregnancy complications:
- Suspected Abnormality on Prior Sonographic Exam
- Family History of Chromosomal or Birth Defect, Mental Retardation, or Hereditary Disorder
- Multiple Gestation
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Post Dates Pregnancy
- Abnormal Placentation
- Fetal Arrhythmia
- Abnormal Amniotic Fluid Volume
- Fetus at Risk for Abnormal Growth
- Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy
- Decreased Fetal Movement
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Risk for Cervical Incompetence
- Preterm Labor
Abnormal Maternal Serum
Screening (Abnormal 1st Trimester Screening)
- History of Repetitive Pregnancy Losses
- Cardiac Disease
- Teratogen Exposure