Skilled Surgeons Ready to Act at a Moment’s Notice
The orthopaedic trauma surgeons at The GW Medical Faculty Associates excel in expecting the unexpected. After all, our patients don’t plan to have injuries; instead they are suddenly thrust into a health scenario they didn’t expect, and it’s our job to set their bones, set their expectations, and set them on a path towards recovery.
The trauma team is ready around-the-clock with access to coordinated care from a wide range of specialists. We excel in minimally invasive fracture repairs to speed your recovery process. We also utilize fluoroscopic guidance which results in less pain and less added surgical trauma for the patient. Although our patients never planned to meet us, we stand ready to treat them and guide them through an unexpected time.
Our team offers treatments for various injuries and conditions including:
- Minimally invasive treatment of distal and proximal tibia fractures
- Minimally invasive treatment of femur fractures and complex periarticular fractures
- Minimally invasive treatment of acetabular fractures
- Minimally invasive treatment of pelvic ring fractures, which decreases surgical pain and results in less scarring and faster mobilization
- Reconstruction of non-union and mal-union fractures (non-union fractures fail to unite or heal, mal-union fractures heal in an incorrect position)