Behavioral Health Services in Washington DC
We are now offering online virtual health visits. Please contact us at (202) 741-2888 to request an appointment.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at The GW Medical Faculty Associates specializes in comprehensive evaluations, diagnosis and treatment for patients with psychiatric disorders. Known for its emphasis on doctor-patient communication, the Department’s reputation for excellence in teaching and research can be seen reflected in each consultation, diagnosis, and treatment program offered.
Patients are given the time they need to ask questions and talk about their concerns, working with board-certified clinicians to uncover not just adequate answers to their problems, but the very best solution for their specific needs and aspirations. Highly trained psychiatrists approach each patient's care with special consideration of his or her cultural and socioeconomic background, ensuring a thoughtful and thorough treatment program.
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences treats the entire spectrum of psychiatric, emotional, and chemical dependency disorders, including:
- Depression and anxiety disorders
- Addictions and other drug and alcohol related problems
- Bipolar disorder and manic-depressive illnesses
- Panic disorder
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender mental health
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Eating disorders
- Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention deficit disorder (ADD)
- Women's mental health issues, including psychiatric disorders related to pregnancy and post-partum state
- Emotional problems and psychiatric disorders related to the diagnosis and treatment of physical conditions including heart disease, cancer, weight loss surgery, pain, and HIV/AIDS
In addition, our practitioners have diagnostic and psychiatric expertise in the following areas:
- Neuropsychological testing
- Group, couples and individual psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Medication evaluation and consultation
- Legal issues and court cases
Reflecting an awareness of the richness of the diversity here in the Washington, DC area, our practitioners approach each patient's care with consideration of his or her cultural and socioeconomic background, thus ensuring a thorough and carefully considered treatment program.
- New Patients: 202-741-2888
- Returning Patients: 202-741-2900
- Billing/Customer services: 202-741-3560