Urology & Urologic Surgery
washington dc urology services
Request a Virtual Health Visit!
Please call (202) 741-3100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your virtual appointment. For more information and details, visit our virtual visits page.
The GW Medical Faculty Associates premier urology practice excels in diagnosing
and treating problems involving the male and female urinary tract and
the male reproductive organs. From curing cancer to restoring fertility,
treating kidney stones to addressing incontinence, the urology experts
deliver touches all aspects of life.
The Department of Urology is composed of multiple subspecialty trained urologists, who have additional education and training in specialized surgical techniques. Our skilled team of experts works collaboratively with other specialty areas including internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, geriatrics and oncology to provide highly complex care individualized to the needs of the patient.
Our Services Include:
- Urologic oncology: urologists treat kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, ureteral and renal pelvic cancers, retroperitoneal and pelvic sarcomas, Wilms' tumors, pediatric sarcomas, and other cancers.
- Andrology: impotence and infertility. Fertility preservation and restoration, penile reconstruction, and both invasive and noninvasive therapies for erectile dysfunction are among the services offered.
- Transition from pediatric to adult urology: Urologists expertly treat urologic conditions in children now young adults, including voiding dysfunction, reconstruction of the urinary tract, urologic cancers and correction of birth defects (congenital anomalies) of the urinary tract.
- Endourology and stone disease: Urologists offer minimally invasive and noninvasive management of kidney/bladder stones and other urinary tract stones.
- Neurourology and reconstructive urology. Urologists care for people who have neurologic conditions affecting the urinary system. Our urologists also offer reconstruction for people who have experienced trauma or injury of the urinary tract.
- Men's health conditions. Urologists provide care for a wide range of conditions affecting men's health, including benign prostatic hyperplasia, voiding dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and prostate cancer screening and prevention.
- Women's health conditions: Urologists and Advance Practitioners are board eligible and have experience in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, such as restoring urinary continence, correcting pelvic organ prolapse and treating other conditions that affect a woman's urinary tract and pelvic organs.