Welcome to Midwifery Services at The GW Medical Faculty Associates
Embracing the Wisdom of Collaborative Practice
We believe that collaborative care between midwives and physicians yields the very best outcomes for pregnant women and their babies. Our full-scope midwifery service provides in-hospital, midwifery-managed prenatal care and deliveries for the women of the Washington DC Metro Area. We only deliver at The George Washington University Hospital. We also provide a full array of gyn services and primary health care.
As of July 2013, there are 7 midwives in the practice: Whitney Pinger CNM, Laura Emmons CNM, Marsha Stalcup CNM, and Nora Fisher CNM, Kimla McDonald, Sierra Casillas, and Alexandra Woolley CNM. We also have midwifery fellows and students working with us both in the office and on labor and delivery. We see women on the usual schedule and provide 24/7 coverage for deliveries. Medical consultation and collaboration is provided by our physician colleagues at The George Washington Medical Faculty Associates.
We are currently enrolling women with spring and summer 2014 due dates.
We ask that women who consider our services meet the criteria below:
• They must be in be in excellent health
• They must follow our nutritional and exercise guidelines
• They must be committed to natural birth
• They must have partners that are engaged in the pregnancy and natural childbirth process and additional labor support
• They must embrace our model of care in a university-based learning environment
• They must assume the risk inherent in birth with us
• They must be committed to waiting for labor to begin on its own
If these criteria make sense to you, please click here to let us know that you are interested in recieving more information about joining our practice. We host monthly “Meet the Midwives” for prospective couples to come meet us and find out more information. The next meeting is January 7, 2014 at 6:30 pm in The George Washington University Hospital Auditorium.
Blessings on your journey!
Meet the Midwives
The next meeting is Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. in the The George Washington University Hospital Auditorium. If these criteria make sense to you and you would like more information about the practice please click here.